Sunday, May 8, 2016

This is what a challenge group feels like!


I have a lot of people that still ask me what challenge groups are all about and what we actually do in these online (Facebook) groups. It's a difficult concept to explain and a lot of people have misconceptions that we meet in person or that there are calls involved or that it's something where you REALLY have to be committed 100% to a fitness or nutrition plan in some kind of extreme way.


If you follow me on Facebook and saw my posts on Friday when I was running the buffalo hill in South Park, that might give you a better idea of what the challenge groups are all about because the interactions were very similar in a lot of ways.


The groups can be utilized in any way a participant pleases but I like to utilize them for encouragement and motivation to get my workouts in. When I was posting about my hill workout, I was LITERALLY posting DURING the workout (mainly when I was recovering walking down the hill). It gives me accountability to continue when I put it out there what my goal is, and the huge amount of encouragement I received during my workout really kept me going. I probably would not have even done half as many hill repeats without all of your support!


The groups are very similar. Even though we are working out at home, on our own time frames, we post when we need motivation to get started and the whole group cheers us on virtually in the Facebook group (just like you may have seen people doing on my buffalo hill posts). We share healthy recipe ideas, tips for how to make healthy decisions at restaurants, motivational stories, our goals and reasons for wanting to hit them, and more. The feeling of being on a TEAM is what keeps us all going- and more importantly, in a way that feels GOOD! I WANT to get my workout in and eat well when I know I have other people supporting me and trying to do the same. It's amazing what that can do psychologically for motivation.


The Facebook groups (aka challenge groups) are all private meaning that the only people who can see your posts or see that you're even in the group are the other people who are in the group as well. It's important to me to create a safe environment where everyone feels comfortable to share openly.


Even if you don't think you like to workout or don't believe you have the motivation to eat a little more healthily, you may be surprised what these groups can do! If you have any interest in trying one out, contact me or your coach! We have new groups starting every month and our next 3 week group starts tomorrow, May 9th!





I would be honored to help you with your fitness journey :)  Here is a link to sign up for a free account with me as your coach: https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=183908. Or you can go to www.teambeachbody.com, sign up for a free account, and enter any of my info in when it asks if a coach referred you: screen name: KatelynLesk, coach ID: 183908

Disclaimer Copy: Katelyn Lesk is an Independent Beachbody Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment