Saturday, May 7, 2016

Be one of the brave ones

The Biggest Loser article has sparked a lot of conversation on drastic weight loss and the after-effects of that. In my almost 4 years of coaching, I have seen a lot of people take drastic measures time and time again then fall off the wagon. I'm sure we have all done that at some point! It's EASY to be motivated by a short-term vision and taking extreme measures in any area of our lives gives us a sense of control. It's actually HARDER in any area of our lives (health, relationships, business, finances, etc) to stay motivated by a long-term vision. In terms of quick-fixes with health, I PROMISE that long-term, slow and steady, SUSTAINABLE lifestyle changes will get you to your goal (and keep you there!) much more effectively than short-term drastic measures.

For me and all of my clients who I have seen successfully transform their health, it took patience. It took work. It took time. And it took a shift in PERSPECTIVE. We MUST learn to love ourselves in the process. That is the only way we can stay on the long-term track.

I rarely workout at 100%. I'm usually somewhere around 80%. And that's what I promote. Why? Because I'd rather get a decent workout in and want to come back tomorrow than kill myself in a workout and not want to do it ever again and/or associate dread with moving my body. When it comes to nutrition, I focus on getting lots of healthy foods that I love in my body rather than being terrified of tempting junk food. I focus on what I APPRECIATE about my body and all that it can do for me.

Have patience. Love yourself or at least TRY to start finding things about your body and your health that you appreciate. Turn the conversation around. It starts with US. Let us be one of the brave ones that takes the hard path and really truly focuses on health.

I believe that as we all increase our self-confidence and belief in ourselves, we are better able to lift others up! There is more room for love and kindness when we love and are kind to ourselves. We literally MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! Don't we all want that?? Don't we all want to FEEL GOOD?? Don't we all want to know that we are ENOUGH?? We have that in our power! We are more than enough. We are doing enough. Let's all try to love ourselves a little more!!

Be one of the brave ones. Turn the conversation around. BREAK the cycle!!!!



I would be honored to help you with your fitness journey :)  Here is a link to sign up for a free account with me as your coach: https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=183908. Or you can go to www.teambeachbody.com, sign up for a free account, and enter any of my info in when it asks if a coach referred you: screen name: KatelynLesk, coach ID: 183908

Disclaimer Copy: Katelyn Lesk is an Independent Beachbody Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment