Monday, February 6, 2017

Easy, healthy zucchini soup that can be served hot or cold!



I absolutely LOVE this recipe and it is one of the easiest recipes to make, which means it’s right up my alley!! I originally learned this recipe when I was doing Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset program (a 21 day food and supplement program to help you detox your body and restore it to optimal health). The Ultimate Reset program is absolutely awesome and more info about it can be found here: https://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/URComplete?referringRepId=183908).

I have used this soup recipe (and many others of the awesome recipes that come with this program!) ever since!!

The soup is vegan, gluten-free, and can be served hot or cold so it’s a perfect healthy meal for a cold winter day or a summer evening! Additionally, this recipe only takes about 5 minutes of actual labor time- how great is that?!

Ingredients:
2 medium-sized zucchini
¾ cup cashews
Himalayan sea salt
Basil (fresh or dried)
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (soy-sauce substitute)- I’ll give alternatives down below if you don’t have this

Directions:
Cut up zucchini into chunks and steam until semi-soft (length of time for steaming will depend on size of chunks).

While the zucchini is steaming, soak the cashews in water to soften. Drain after about 10 minutes.

Throw the steamed zucchini and cashews into a blender. I think a Vitamix is the absolute best if you plan on making a lot of soups, especially with its variable speeds and tamper tool to help push/mix thicker concoctions. Here is the one I use: http://amzn.to/2lhHfb0 (disclosure: I get a small commission from Amazon if you buy this product). I’ve had this for years and it has never failed me- I always joke that it has the motor of a lawn mower haha- it’s a beast! For this particular soup though, since the zucchini is steamed and the cashews are soaked, everything should be soft enough that you shouldn’t have a problem using a regular blender.

Add Himalayan sea salt, basil, and liquid aminos to taste!

I’m gluten-free so that’s why I use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce. The liquid aminos can be found on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2jqWfpj. Full disclosure: I get a small commission from Amazon if you buy this product but this is honestly what I use at home and they can be hard to find at grocery stores.

I go pretty heavy on these seasonings :)

Blend all of that together and enjoy! The recipe makes 3-4 servings.

Happy cooking!
Katelyn








I would be honored to help you with your health and fitness journey :)  Here is a link to sign up for a free account with me as your coach: https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=183908. Or you can go to www.teambeachbody.com, sign up for a free account, and enter any of my info in when it asks if a coach referred you: screen name: KatelynLesk, coach ID: 183908

You can contact me or find out more information using:
Or my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/kate37721

Disclaimer Copy: Katelyn Lesk is an Independent Beachbody Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment