Sunday, March 27, 2016

Gratitude for my story as a coach!

Doing a little reflecting and sitting in gratitude this Easter morning….


I am so very thankful for the successful business I’ve built, my family who has supported me, and the INCREDIBLE people I have met along the way!


At this very time 4 years ago, I was at one of the lowest points of my life. I was doing a TON of work traveling for a small medical device company I worked for and even though I had always loved traveling, I found the high-pressure demands of work travel to be a little too much to handle. It caught me off guard how quickly the stress seemed to build inside of me and how fast that broke me down.


Worst of all, I no longer felt like myself. Even though I LOVED the company I worked for and believed fully in our product and mission, a lot of red tape we had come up against and some hurdles that we had yet to surpass took away a lot of the fulfillment I had originally found in my work. The frustrations we were hitting made it feel like we weren’t really helping anybody! On top of that, I was constantly on the other side of the world from the people I cared most about and the stress of it all even seemed to be changing my personality. When I looked in the mirror, tears welled up inside of me because I no longer saw the care-free, happy-go-lucky, live-life-to-fullest girl that I remembered.


I knew I could only take so long of that feeling of disconnection so I started thinking a LOT about what I would do if I could no longer do my engineering job. I made lots of lists about when in life I felt the happiest and most fulfilled, what I was passionate about, when I had felt the most effective and the most like MYSELF! So much of it had to do with helping people, health and fitness, perhaps even starting a charity.


At work, the traveling died down and I eventually started to love and appreciate my job again and I set all those lists to the side. But later that year, a little opportunity called Beachbody came into my life. I didn’t know or understand much about the business side of it but I did know that I LOVED the challenge group that my coach, Nicole, had put me into to connect with other women who were all starting the same workout program I was. I LOVED that we encouraged and supported each other. I LOVED that I could share way more than health and fitness with them (truth be told, I was still recovering from the 1-2 years of stress and anxiety). It was exactly what I needed to help me REALLY feel aligned with not only who I used to be (that happy-go-lucky girl) but perhaps someone even BETTER! When my coach asked me if I had ever considered coaching, I was ecstatic! I hadn’t realized it was something anyone could do!!


In the 3.5 years I’ve been a coach, it has been an INCREDIBLE journey of fulfillment, connection, acceleration, and absolute JOY in my life! The coping mechanisms and faith that I had learned during the tougher points in my life all served me SO WELL when being able to connect with others that were currently struggling. My job goes way beyond health and fitness. I am ALWAYS trying to learn more and improve myself (not just my health, but as a PERSON) and teach others what has helped me! Life can throw major curve balls at us sometimes. We make mistakes. We don’t always live our highest truth or in our best integrity. But the beauty of that is that we can help each other! Nothing about coaching has ever meant that I need to be perfect. It is IN our struggles that we find the most connection and lift each other up!!


So thank you to all of YOU who have come along on this journey with me! It is just the beginning, I promise you! And I promise to lift all of YOU up on your own journeys!! If you think coaching might be part of your path, don’t hesitate to ask me about it!! It was something I built on the side while still working at my full-time job until I my company closed in 2014. Since then, I have been coaching full-time and loving every minute of it and all of the people I have gotten to meet along the way! And when I pull out all those old lists of what I said I wanted with my life, what I get to do now EXACTLY aligns with all of that!! In fact, it’s even better!!! Gratitude doesn’t even come close to expressing how thankful I am for all of this!!


Happy Easter, everyone!!!



I would be honored to help you with your fitness journey :)  Here is a link to sign up for a free account with me as your coach: https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=183908. Or you can go to www.teambeachbody.com, sign up for a free account, and enter any of my info in when it asks if a coach referred you: screen name: KatelynLesk, coach ID: 183908


Disclaimer Copy: Katelyn Lesk is an Independent Beachbody Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment